Stressed Out Mother’s Life

My life as a stressed out person… hopefully that feeling will go away soon

CNY celebration

leave a comment »

This year’s CNY celebration doesn’t look / sound like CNY at all. No firecrackers (except when we were in Genting) and didn’t eat much CNY cookies either (maybe bcoz I was busy taking care of 2 kids).

This year obviously is missing one person – Andy (he passed away last November at the age of 10). As his parents are Christians (and no pantang of celebrations), we celebrated CNY as usual. CNY eve is dinner with the family (surprisingly early family this time around… around 6.30 pm). After dinner, we had Pie to entertain us for a good laugh, and then it was back to home for both brothers. Hubby later on went to Mid Valley to get some things for his new wife (his car). He came back saying that the parking lots in Mid Valley were totally empty… but then most of the shops were empty too! He also mentioned that I could have done my shopping then… Haha…

First day of CNY is always a boring day for me. No more visiting relatives, no more gambling… just hand around the house after brunch to wait for relatives to come and visit my in-laws. 2nd brother took the chance to go for a drive with hubby’s new car. On top of that, my family will be in Genting on this day…

Second day of CNY is always a hectic day. Reason being we (my hubby, kids and I) will go to Genting, to join my family at Gohtong Jaya. Dad has a 1 room apartment in GJ, whereas the rest of them rented a 3 room apartment. And as always, my Mum will rush us… but as hubby’s side have to have lunch before we can make a move (‘Hoi Lin’), it will always be around 2 / 3 in the afternoon only will be moving out. On this day, after lunch, we (or rather hubby) put our luggages into the new car (yeah… taking the new car to Genting… else why would my hubby want to go ?) and then off we went. Pie sat in the front passenger seat, whereas Pea was at the back with me. To me, the car is only about 60% load; but to my hubby, it is good enough. He hates driving a full load car to Genting. With the new car, it was a totally new experience… no more lugging the car up like an old man, and the ride was faster compared to the previous times. It was very comfortable too. Pie slept on the way from 1 Utama till reaching the Genting toll (RM 4), whereas Pea slept on and off all the way. As for me, I was fine and there were no more nauseaness. I even moved around as Pie kept wanting to lie down and then look up again. Dinner was at Gohtong Jaya (family took a lot of steamboat things for dinner) at the rented apartment. A lot of eating and talking and laughing around. Oh, forgot to mention that this day was both my grandmother and sister’s b’day; therefore I bought a cake (Cocoe Mocha from Secret Recipe) up just for the celebration. Cake was nice, but not that good. That night, I slept with Pea on the bed (queen size bed), whereas hubby slept on the room floor. Parents, sister and Pie slept outside at the living room. Didn’t sleep that well as the whole night I woke up on and off to see if Pea is cold / hot, as well as wanted to attend to her immediately to avoid her screaming the entire household. Pea was quite good… she cried out a few times to look for her pacifier (and I fed her around 4+), until early in the morning, around 7+ going 8, when she couldn’t take it anymore that she wanted her feed there and then. Then she went back to sleep again. I would say that in Genting, she slept more than in our own house… maybe she do love the coldness, just like her sister.

Third day, we went to First World, as hubby wanted to test the car, as well as his luck 🙂 The few of us (me, Aunt Liz, Grandma, Penny, Ah Weng, Uncle Wong, Pie, Pea and Yan Yan) had lunch at Pizza Hut, whereas the rest of them tried their luck in the casino. After we finished the pizzas, we hang around at the sitting area outside, to wait for them. After a while, Mum, Sis and hubby came out, so that we could make a move back to the apartment to feed Pea and then later on make a move back to KL. The journey from GJ to the Genting toll was smooth flowing, but right after the toll, it was a bit jam. Most of the cars were heading to Kepong; luckily we took the Kesas highway back (had to drop Aunt Liz and Grandma back home). At certain junctions, it was quite pack with cars, but wasn’t jammed up like cars rushing back to KL kind. Dinner was KFC, as PIL didn’t cook for us. 

Fourth day was ‘Pai Lin’ day for me. Brought things over for my Grandmother, Uncle and Aunts. As usual lar… when give them things, they’ll give back again and added that no need to give so many things anymore. Cannot lar… tradition is tradition, more over I’ve bought those things mar 🙂 It was also the day Aunt Liz goes back to Singapore… 

CNY for me is more or less standard. Same routine year after year. The only difference is always new additions to the family 8)

Written by Mother to My Sweeties

February 22, 2007 at 2:45 pm

Posted in my week

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: